Custom designed training courses for application specific inspections to meet the needs of our customers. These courses can be provided at FarField’s facility located in Forest, VA or we can arrange on-site training at your facility.
- Courses addressing specific inspection applications using commercially-available technologies.
- Short courses on guided wave theory, applications, or systems.
Level I EMAT
Provides basic understanding of EMAT principles, advantages and disadvantages as well as applications and options. The course includes practical training with portable instrumentation on bulk wave applications.
- Be able to compare and contrast EMAT with conventional UT techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various EMAT wave modes and their generation.
- Be able to identify relevant EMAT applications.
Level II EMAT
Introduces EMAT construction options and provides an understanding of guided wave theory, use of GWAT software, and frequency steering principles with BEAM software. Practical training includes guided wave and phased array applications.